(Buena Park, CA) – One of the largest one-day car shows in America, Fabulous Fords Forever is in their 29th year! Presented by Ford Motor Company and the Ford Car Clubs Council which is comprised of 44 different clubs. This years Ford car show had roughly 1,800 vehicles on display from Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, and a few other brands Ford has worked with over the years.
This year, the event celebrated three big milestones:
- 50 years of Mustang
- 55 years of Galaxie
- 75 years of Mercury
This Fabulous Fords Forever car show wouldn’t have been possible without the hard work of 214 club member volunteers who did a fantastic job of setting up for the event and directing cars to their designated parking areas.
Car show participants were from 14 states and two Canadian provinces, eh. The largest display of vehicles were:
- 881 Mustangs
- 117 Broncos
- 98 Thunderbirds
- 72 Mercurys
- 50 Galaxies
Of course celebrities and professional race car drivers were in attendance signing autographs, taking pictures and interacting with their fans.
- Scott Pruett, leading the 2014 TUDOR United Sports Car Championship series in a Ford EcoBoost/Riley. Winner of this year’s Sebring 12-hours in March and the Long Beach Tequila Patron Sports Car Showcase.
- Justin Pawlak, Formula Drift Champion, driving a Ford Mustang.
- Parnelli Jones, legendary driver, winner of 1970 TransAm Championship for Mustang.
- George Follmer, Parnelli’s Mustang teammate and formidable competitor in TransAm.
- Butch Leal & Larry Knapp, legendary Ford drag racers from sixties/seventies.
- Linda Vaughn, “The First Lady of Racing”.
- Willie Stroppe, representing the legendary Bill Stroppe Racing organization.